Clear, well-written procedures and work instructions will ensure that your work team has correct and consistent information. Poorly written procedures, on the other hand, can result in stress, poor performance and costly mistakes. They can even put lives at risk.
The boundaries between policy and procedural documents are often blurred, resulting in lengthy, unfocused policies and procedural documents that fail to include important details or are difficult for users to follow.
How can professional writing and editing improve efficiency?
Concise Writing Consultancy's professional writers and editors can help you create easy-to-read procedures and work instructions to ensure:
- your staff understand what is expected of them
- clear step-by-step instructions
- technical language is explained where necessary
- procedure manuals are formatted for maximum usability.
- preparing a user profile
- creating a logical structure for your procedures
- ensuring active, step-by-step instructions
- devising engaging headings
- adopting a consistent terminology throughout the procedure
- preparing trouble-shooting guides and frequently asked questions
- structuring sentences and paragraphs clearly and concisely
- structuring lists correctly
- refining and polishing the final draft
- formatting your procedure for maximum usability
- correcting grammatical errors.