Most employees are expected to write emails, reports and other documents at work. Yet not all written communications achieve the best result. This is often because the writing is not focused on the reader’s needs or because the important message is buried in an ocean of words.
What is business writing?
Professional business writing is a systematic approach to writing documents such as reports, newsletter articles, information websites, information brochures, procedure manuals and other factual documents.
How does business writing work?
Using a simple, four-step approach, our professional writers will develop a document from concept through to the final polished draft.
Step 1: Planning
We will prepare an audience profile and statement of aim for your document. We then research the topic and prepare an outline.
Step 2: Writing
Using our research, and any other background information provided by you, we write a first draft.
Step 3: Revising
Once you have approved the content (first draft) we edit the text to ensure it is clear, concise and uses terminology appropriate for the audience.
Step 4: Proofreading
We proofread and correct the final draft to ensure you receive a polished and professional document.
When can you benefit from a professional writer?
- If you know what you want to write about but don’t know how to write it down.
- If you need to produce a highly professional document.
- If you need to communicate complex or technical information to a lay audience.
- If you are short of time.
- If you have begun writing your document but have become stuck or gone off track.
- If your documents are not getting the results you need.
- If your written communications are resulting in lower efficiency and productivity.
Not sure whether you could benefit from professional writing? Call us on 02 9238 6638 for an obligation-free assessment of your team's writing needs.