Tight deadlines often mean there is little time to refine drafts to produce a concisely written and grammatically correct document. In such a busy work environment, attention to detail may seem like a waste of time. Rigorous attention to concise and correct documents, however, will project an image of professionalism and high quality.
What is copyediting?
Copyediting involves refining sentences to ensure the language is clear, concise and grammatically correct.
How does copyediting work?
You provide us with your draft document and we will copyedit it to ensure:
- correct sentence structure
- acronyms and technical terms are used correctly
- use of non-discriminatory language
- correct grammar and spelling
- compliance with your organisation’s style guide or the Australian Style Manual for Authors Editors and Printers.
When can you benefit from copyediting?
- If your document is structurally sound but needs refining and polishing.
- If your writing is difficult for others to understand.
- If your written communications are not getting the results you need.
- If you have tight deadlines and time does not allow for effective copyediting.
- If you do not feel confident about English grammar.
Not sure whether you need a professional editor? Call us on 02 9238 6638 for an obligation-free assessment of your document.