Plain English rewriting
Meet your readers’ needs with clear communications
What is plain English rewriting?
Plain English (also referred to as plain language) is simply language that is easy for the reader to understand. Plain English uses terminology that is appropriate for the audience and avoids buzz words and ‘management speak’.
Employees may engage a commercially hired rental car in the destination city for transportation purposes.
Employees may use rental cars.
The plain English rewriting solution
To meet your plain English obligations, our expert professional writers and editors will help you translate wordy, bureaucratic or technical writing into clear, concise language.
We will ensure your documents:
- use appropriate terminology for the audience
- have a coherent structure and logical flow of content
- have an engaging and consistent writing style
- use an appropriate tone
- avoid unnecessary repetition
- avoid buzz words and clichés
- explain legal terminology and technical terms
- have correct spelling and grammar
- use punctuation and apostrophes correctly
- use acronyms, italics, capital letters and inverted commas correctly.
When can you benefit from a plain English rewrite?
- If you are producing publications for the public.
- If you need to make government documents more readable.
- If you need to communicate complex or technical information to a lay audience.
- If you are producing publications for readers who have English as their second language.
- If you are short of time.
- If your documents are not getting the results you need.
- If your written communications are resulting in lower efficiency and productivity.
Not sure whether your document meets international plain English standards? Call us on 02 9238 6638 for an obligation-free assessment.