Transform your communications to achieve better results
What is substantive editing?
Substantive editing involves restructuring the content to ensure a logical flow then refining each sentence to ensure clear, concise and correct language.
How does substantive editing work?
You provide us with your draft content and we will thoroughly edit it to ensure:
- the document has a clear aim and focus
- the content follows a logical structure with no unnecessary repetition
- the headings follow the correct hierarchy
- headings are engaging and written in parallel structure
- word choice is appropriate for the audience
- sentences are structured clearly and concisely
- bulleted lists have a correct and consistent grammatical structure
- there is consistent style and structure throughout the document
- acronyms and technical terms are used correctly
- language is neutral and non-discriminatory.
When can you benefit from extensive editing?
- If your document lacks a coherent structure and focus (brain dump).
- If you tend to use more words than you need.
- If your writing is difficult for others to understand.
- If your written communications are not getting the results you need.
- If you have tight deadlines and time does not allow for editing the document yourself.
- If you do not feel confident about English grammar.
Not sure whether your document needs substantive editing? Call us on 02 9238 6638 for an obligation-free assessment of your document.
Contact us today
For an obligation-free consultation about your writing and training needs call 02 9238 6638 or submit an online request.